TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Just goes to show you the capabilities of ceramic BB's...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Just goes to show you the capabilities of ceramic BB's...

Posted by bajan on November 08, 2010 at 12:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 322 times.

In Reply To Just goes to show you the capabilities of ceramic BB's... posted by Zinn2win on November 08, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Message well like i said I spoke to him months ago so the conversation is somewhat blurry at this point but I recall him saying the cremaic ball bearings are have been used in the aviation industry for some time and were just now being introduced to the automotive industry. He did say there was less friction produced by the ceramic bearings hence less heat. I also believe he said something something about the third bearing being fixed to stop the movement of the other bearings as the turbo gets hot and starts to expand hence improving the longevity of the turbo. Once again I could be off since we spoke aboutthis months ago and my memory isn't the greatest however Justin is more than happy to speak to anyone wanting to know more about their full billet 3B turbos and the new oiless turbos......

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.